Monday 12 November 2012

happiness.


I love that little pups happy face running towards me! :-)

Today I found blood in the poop of one of my girls. I'm almost certain it's Jess' and I had a massive moment of panic. However, I rang the vets and me and my Bess Boo are on a little visit to the Doc tomorrow. I asked the lady who worked there whether I needed to worry and she explained it's actually quite common in dogs and her puppy had the same problem and antibiotics cleared it right up! Me being the eternal worrier too, I did that silly thing of googling the problem. It actually, for the first time ever, came up with results I'm hoping for though. It went on to say that although blood in poo isn't very good for humans, it's usually much less dramatic in our pups. They also mention that there is two types, light, bright blood is less worrisome and can be when the dog has been bitten by something on a walk, dark blood which turns the poop black is usually when bigger problems are.... Jess' was very bright so it should hopefully (fingers crossed) be ok!!!!

Jess still has an appetite of a horse and actually played for a bit with our mad Molly... so all things are looking on the good side!


4 comments:

  1. I've been there, and I am a worrier just like you. Every now and then Zoe will get into sometime that will cause her to have a tiny amount of blood in her stool. As long as your dog is still eating, drinking and acting like her normal self then she will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had our vet visit... she seems to think it's something diet related but doesn't seem too worried so that's good. She's on a week of drugs so fingers crossed it'll then be sorted! Thanks, it's nice to know other dog owners have similar problems with their pups :-)

      Delete
  2. got everything crossed for you x

    Charlene and Stormy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;-D hopefully get her in tip top condition in no time!

      Delete