Thursday 3 April 2014

a beautiful story


I saw this article whist reading the daily mail. Everything about it was perfect, and such a good idea to really treasure and make the most out of borrowed time. 

It is about Romeo the boxer dog who, when his owners were told he would not be on this earth much longer, they created a bucket list. Just like a human one where we do all our favourite things, this was all of Romeo's favourite things :)

I remember being told that I was losing my Rocky, I had not enough time with him but I made sure to buy his favourite food (salmon). He was far too ill for me to do a bucket list with him but oh how I would have loved it. I will not forget about this!

This was Romeo's bucket list - 

THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE: ROMEO THE BOXER'S BUCKET LIST

1. Trip to the first park where he had walkies 
2. Have breakfast in bed with dad
3. Have his first beer with dad at the pub
4. Meet a celebrity
5. Watch a sunset
6. Candle lit massage from mum
7. Have a ride a fire engine
8. Have a ride a police car
9. Spend lots quality time with my family
10. Have a great birthday party
11. Help out at an animal shelter
12. Eat a McDonald's cheese burger
13. Celebrate New Year in style
14. Enjoy a doggy ice cream
15. Have a steak dinner
16. Enjoy a full body massage
17. Get a pawicure
18. Go on a blind date
19. Eat some sushi
20. Find myself a Valentines
21. Have lots of doggy treats
22. Visit the USA

Knowing how difficult it is to lose a best friend... what a beautiful way for them to do all their favourite before leaving this earth and heading to rainbow bridge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment