Monday 19 February 2024

Introducing Eevee, our Romanian Rescue

After Jess passed away, I was DESPERATE for a new dog to love. I think it was my way of processing her loss. I couldn't love Molly the way I loved Jess because I love Molly because she is Molly. 

As this was during covid all dogs were about £1500 at the cheapest. And I begrudged paying it when all I wanted was a mutt like Jess. I wanted a rescue like Jess. I really wanted Jess. 

As I have children, almost all British rescues will not consider us for a rescue dog. So I’m the august of 2020 (6 months after losing Jess), I came across Romanian rescue dogs that are vaccinated and sent over to the UK for a better life. 

Dogs in Romania have it extremely hard, there is basically no hope if they are a stray. 

After following some Facebook rescues, one sent out an SOS post showing lots of beautiful, healthy dogs being sent to be put down all because they didn’t have a home in Romania. 




No comments:

Post a Comment