Sunday 28 September 2014

Jess's sixth birthday/gotcha day celebrations :)


Today, September 28th 2014 is officially six wonderful, hard, crazy, amazing years since my Jess came in to my life. 

She is my world, my baby, best friend and confidante. My protector. 

I have told the story countless times on when I first lapped eyes on the skinny 12kg, tan, staffy cross in Manchester Dogs Home. She was in the second cage, first one you see when you walk through the door when entering adoption row. She shared a cage with 2 other dogs and apparently wasn't very fond of one of them... stubborn missy from the get-go ;)

She got kennel cough on our first night and was so snotty, coughing, wheezing, my poor baby. 

Over time she taught me so much, about second chances, rescue dogs, the past doesn't define our future, happiness, growing up, friendship and caring for others.

Today has consisted of eating birthday pupcakes (carrot, peanut butter, honey & cheese... they are a massive success), having a long walk, dinner was chicken breast, sweet potato, sausage and a few vegetables for good measure, presents and some goats milk to end it off :) 

I cannot wait to experience many more years with my little pudding. 





No comments:

Post a Comment