Tuesday 28 September 2010

2 year anniversary of a very special day

Today, about 3.30pm 2 years ago, was the day Jessie came home to us. I can remember it like it was yesterday, this skinny tan coloured dog sharing a cage with 2 others. We spotted her immedietely because she looked so similar to my sister in laws dog. We went to see all the other dogs and kept coming back to her, the no name, skinny mixed breed. After 10 minutes or so we took her to small private park where we could see her more and she payed absolutely no attention to us what so ever but we liked her and then when we was sat down stroking her she licked me and I knew there was no way we could go home and leave her here, so she did the deed and got her in the car. For the first few nights we slept in the downstairs spare room with her, she wasn't toilet trained and kept her tail completely tucked under for the first few months.

I'm still shocked it's been 2 years. I love her so much too. I remember one of the first time ever walking Jess and a man on my street said "you do realise a dog becomes a proper member of the family" - he was right :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment