Thursday 19 May 2011

summer treat for dogs

In the past summers I've been guilty of giving my dogs ice cream meant for humans.
The reason for this is simply because they were over heating and panting.

Molly in particular finds summer quite hard as she's a black dog, there has been countless times she's just too hot to run and I find her lay down, panting under a bush somewhere in the shade - I've also spotted her in a dried up lake lying in the last remaining puddles. I hate seeing her like that and any ideas to cool her down are always worth giving a go.

This year though, after reading 'your dog' magazine I've found the perfect doggie ice cream!
I tried it out and it literally takes less than 5 minutes to make then pop it in the freezer for 24 hours and the next summer day you have suitable and tasty dog ice cream!

You need a pot for it to mix & freeze in, some runny honey, some low fat vanilla yogurt & a banana (I used two as I have two mouths to feed)
mash the banana up in to tiny little pieces!
Add the vanilla yogurt. I guessed how much to put in by just pouring till I was happy with the amount.
Pour the honey in. I used a lot more than the tiny splodge shown in the picture though!
After that all you have to do if freeze. Simple!

I have to confess that I also had a tiny taste, it's bloody gorgeous too! Completely recommend for us humans to snack on too.

No comments:

Post a Comment